Static Analysis tools and techniques.
- Google’s Rosie
- Checking Billions of Lines of Code.
Python Static Type Checkers
- mypy - GitHub
- Dropox used it to check 4 million lines of code.
- Pyre - GitHub
- Type checking by Facebook, see 2018 Announcement.
- Supposed to be much faster than mypy.
- edX’s .pytlinrc
- A nearly 500 line config file.
- How To Use Pylint
- They suggest whitelisting one warning a time.
- Can also whitelist on module at a time, or one file.
- Useful to ramp up incrementally.
- Index the complexity of the Python files in Git.